The City of Blythe employs 75 full time employees and 35 part-time on call firefighters in several departments and offices throughout the City. Through the development and implementation of citywide personnel policies and procedures, the department assists other City departments in acquiring, developing and retaining high-quality employees.
- Employment: The City of Blythe posts, advertises and accepts employment applications only when there is a position available. Applications for Lateral Police Officer are accepted on an ongoing basis in order to keep an active eligibility list.
- Safety: Schedules and monitors safety training for City departments to ensure compliance with all employment laws.
- Unit M.O.U.’s: Maintenance and distribution of all employees’ Memorandum of Undertanding.
- Employee Benefits: Monitors and provides information to both employees and the public regarding health benefits and plans available, retirement benefits, workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and dental and vision benefits.
- Labor Relations: Maintains a working relationship with all Labor Unions.
235 N. Broadway
Blythe, CA 92225
P: (760) 922-6161
F: (760) 922-4938